Virtual Conference Platform FAQs
HOW DO I REGISTER FOR THE VIRTUAL CONFERENCE?
To register for APRU-SCL virtual conference, please CLICK HERE. Once you have registered you will receive a confirmation email to let you know you have successfully registered.
WHAT DOES THE REGISTRATION FEE INCLUDE?
The registration fee includes:
- Access to the virtual platform and all sessions during the conference
- Access to recorded session content for up to three weeks after the conference has ended
- Access to view e-posters and chat with e-poster presenters
- Access to the Meeting Hub to connect with other virtual attendees
CAN I SHARE MY LOGIN FOR THE VIRTUAL CONFERENCE PLATFORM WITH OTHER PEOPLE?
No, each registered attendee will receive a link to the virtual conference platform that is uniquely tied to their registration, and cannot be opened on multiple devices at the same time.
HOW DO I ACCESS THE VIRTUAL CONFERENCE PLATFORM?
All registered attendees will receive an email notification with their personalised login details the week before the conference, giving attendees the opportunity to login, update their profile and familiarise themselves with the virtual platform.
If you register after this communication has been sent, your login details will be sent to you immediately after registering. Please be sure to check your Junk inbox for this email.
CAN I CONNECT WITH OTHER ATTENDEES DURING THE VIRTUAL CONFERENCE?
Yes, the Meeting Hub is a terrific place to connect with other attendees one-on-one, allowing you to renew old friendships or make new acquaintances. In the Meeting Hub you can share contact details, send chat messages, video chat and set up meetings.
DO SESSIONS HAVE A LIMITED CAPACITY?
No, there are no upper limits to the number of attendees who can join a session, so you don’t have to worry about missing out!
WILL PEOPLE BE ABLE TO SEE AND HEAR ME?
Yes, although this depends on the type of session you are joining. For example, in a Keynote Presentation your video and audio will not be shared with other attendees (or the presenters), whereas in an Interactive workshop or Networking Function, your video and audio will be shared. You can find out more about the different types of conference sessions in the Attendee Guide.
- Networking– attendee can been seen and heard. Attendee has ability to turn on and off own camera and microphone. Attendees are automatically assigned to a group of 2, 3 or 4 other attendees. Groups are assigned at random.
- Interactive workshop– attendee can been seen & heard. Attendee has ability to turn on and off own camera and microphone. Group attendee is placed in is pre-assigned.
- Keynote Sessions– attendee can not be seen or heard. Attendee can interact only via written Q&A or Discussion Forum.
- Poster Presentation – attendee can be heard but not seen by Poster Presenter and other attendees in the presentation. Attendee has ability to turn on/off own microphone. Poster Presenters can chat with multiple attendees at the same time.
In order for you to be heard and seen during interactive session, you will need to have enabled the virtual platform to access your camera and microphone
DO I NEED TO DOWNLOAD ANY SOFTWARE TO PARTICIPATE IN THE VIRTUAL CONFERENCE?
No, our virtual platform is browser based so as long as you have one of the supported internet browsers (Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Opera) available on your device you will be able to join the conference.
DO I NEED A ZOOM ACCOUNT TO PARTICIPATE IN THE VIRTUAL CONFERENCE?
No, you do not need a Zoom account to participate in the virtual conference, however Zoom must not be blocked on your device or you will be unable to join any of the sessions presented through Zoom.
WHAT BROWSER SHOULD I USE?
We recommend using Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge or Opera to access the virtual conference platform. Firefox and Safari are also compatible with the Virtual Platform. We also recommend you clear your cookies and cache prior to logging in and disable any VPN’s you may be using.
To optimise the broadcast of virtual conference sessions, please do not use ‘incognito’ or ‘hidden search’ browser settings.
WHAT IF I ENCOUNTER TECHNICAL ISSUES DURING THE VIRTUAL CONFERENCE?
For support during the virtual conference please click the Live Support button on the top right-hand side of the portal (red icon with a headset).
Please note that Live Tech Support is only available during the live conference hours.
HOW LONG WILL THE VIRTUAL CONFERENCE PLATFORM BE OPEN?
The portal will remain open for 4 weeks after the conference has ended. All pre-recorded content and keynote sessions will remain available for registered attendees to view on demand during this time.
WILL THERE BE LIVE Q&A DURING PRESENTATIONS?
In sessions where live Q&A is enabled you will be able to submit written questions to the presenter.
WHERE CAN I FIND MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THE VIRTUAL CONFERENCE PLATFORM?
For more detailed information regarding the virtual platform and how to navigate it during the virtual conference, please refer to the Attendee Guide which will be sent to you via email.